Wednesday, May 9, 2007

May's Playlist on Channel 1 Pt. 1

Here are the songs playing on Channel 1
23 songs this month!
1. Arctic Monkeys - Brainstorm
I didn't understand the hype around this band last year. I still don't, but this song is a breath of fresh air. Look for the copycats to arrive soon.
2. Blonde Redhead - 23
I really loved the last album. This album doesn't do it for me. I like a couple of tracks, this being my favorite, on the album. People say it's their most accessible effort. I was really looking forward to this album, oh well. It sounds like a rehash of their previous material.
3. Coconut Records - Summer Day
A good song to relax on your deck while you sip on some iced tea. The only song I like from this group. I just found out that this song is also on the Spiderman 3 soundtrack. Weird.
4. Dinosaur Jr - Been There All The Time
I was never a fan of their music. However, I kinda like this song.
5.Fields - If You Fail We All Fail
I like this song even if it reminds me of the Broken Social Scene.
6. Illinois - Screendoor
Another great song clocking in a little over 2 min. The only song I like from this band.
7. Julie Doiron - I Left Town
I love her wavering voice. Another good song from her latest album.
8. Julius Airwave - Broken Bells
A definite toe tapper! Woo wooo.
9. Klaxons - Atlantis To Interzone
This song would sound much better without the sirens and that repetitive noise. It's still a good song nevertheless. The only song I like from this band.
10. Last Days Of April - Hanging High
A good song but it lacks that extra punch to make it a great song. I like another song from this album which has a similar feel.
11. Lucky Soul - One Kiss Don't Make A Summer
I can't stop listening to this song this week. I will explain in another entry. The picture above is Ali Howard, the lead singer of this band.