Sunday, November 16, 2008

Episode 04

The Soundtrack Of My Life
Episode 04
11/16/08

Download the AAC file here. It contains album artwork and chapters for each song for your iPod or Zune player. Just make a playlist and drag the file in.

The aim of this podcast is to highlight my favorite music of 2008.

01 - Fleet Foxes - He Doesn't Know Why
02 - Headlights - Cherry Tulips
03 - The Donkeys - Gone Gone Gone
04 - The Do - Travel Light
05 - Jolie Holland - Mexico City
06 - She & Him - Black Hole
07 - The Black Keys - So He Wont Break
08 - Liz Durrett - You Live Alone
09 - Bears - Wait And See
10 - The Boy Bathing - The Questions Simple

Recommendations
I still highly recommend A Mouthful from The Do. I honestly haven't listened to the other albums at length so I reserve my opinion as of this moment. I have listened to the albums by the Fleet Foxes and The Black Keys for a while and they only have two decent songs on each. I've liked M. Ward's albums up to this point and I've had a crush on Zooey Deschanel since Elf. So when they teamed up for an album, I was intrigued. You know, It wasn't bad at all. I liked it a lot, especially this song on the list and the Beatles cover. I recommend this one but stay away from the travesty that is Scarlett Johansson's album Anywhere I Lay My Head. Not every actress can sing.

Final note
Again, buy these albums at your own risk but do search for the posted songs and support these artists.

Thank you for listening. Share this podcast if you can.

Leave comments here. I want to hear from you!

See you in 2 weeks.
BigJB