Sunday, September 28, 2008

Episode One - The Mixtape strikes back..hehe

The Soundtrack Of My Life
Episode 01
9/30/08

Download the AAC file here. It contains album artwork and chapters for each song for your iPod or Zune player. Just make a playlist and drag the file in.

The aim of this podcast is to highlight the best music of 2008.

01 - Juliana Hatfield - Such A Beautiful Girl (Feat. Matthew Caws)
02 - Pete and The Pirates - She Doesn't Belong To Me
03 - The Breeders - It's The Love
04 - The Ting Tings - Be The One
05 - Sons And Daughters - Rebel With The Ghost
06 - Little Scout - Dead Loss
07 - Stereolab - Daisy Click Clack
08 - Tilly And The Wall - Dust Me Off
09 - Ida Maria - Queen of the world
10 - Evangelicals - Bloodstream

Recommendations
I liked the Juliana Hatfield album. I was never a fan of her music but this one surprised me. There are a couple of songs that I like from "How to walk away" and I bet that you would to.

I wasn't expecting much from the latest Breeders album because albums after a long break don't usually produce.
I was wrong. It's not "Pod" (which is my favorite) but a respectable output of songs that don't disappoint. If you like the Breeders, you should like this album.

Close but no cigar
I like a couple of songs from Tilly and the Wall's album "O" but it's not enough to recommend it.

Final note
The other songs on this list are the only songs that I like from each band. Seek out the song but listen to the album at your own risk. The Ida Maria song "Queen of the World" is not the version on the album. I'm not sure where I got this version.

Thank you for listening. Share this podcast if you can.
Buying the songs through the Amazon link above will allow me to buy more music to review for the podcast. Any support is appreciated.

Discuss this podcast in
The Soundtrack Of My Life Forums
or leave comments here. I want to hear from you!

See you in 2 weeks.
BigJB