Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Episode 13 using Mixcloud

This is my first time using Mixcloud. I used to use Splashcast when I started this blog, but they eventually disabled some of the original functions that made it so great. To make a long story short, Splashcast ultimately folded. I really think they missed the boat with the social aspect possibilities. Mixcast is nowhere near what Splashcast offered. Mixcast does allow you to upload music but it has to be the entire podcast in a single file unlike Splashcast which allowed you to upload individual files so you can create playlists on the fly. The track numbers in Splashcast were automatic. You have to manually index the tracks on Mixcast and it only allows you to drop an index every 4 seconds. That is why some tracks above don't start exactly when they should (frustrating). Overall, It's the only thing that's out there, so I guess I have to use it. What do you think?